When we say ‘we’, ‘us’ or ‘INI’ it’s because that’s who we are and we own and run the Site.
What Personal Data We Collect and Why We Collect It
We collect certain personal information about visitors and users of our Site.
The most common types of information we collect include things like: names, email addresses, IP addresses, other contact details, survey responses, blogs, transactional details, tax information, support queries, blog comments, and web analytics data. We will also collect personal information from job applications (such as, your CV or resume, the application form itself, cover letter and interview notes).
How we collect personal information
We collect personal information directly when you provide it to us or automatically as you navigate through the Site.
We collect your personal information when you provide it to us when you fill out the contact form our Site, subscribe to a newsletter, email list, submit feedback, enter a contest, fill out a survey, or send us a communication. These methods are described below.
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
Cookies and web analytics
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you have an account and you log in to this site, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
For more information on cookies, see http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
When you visit our Site, there’s certain information that’s recorded which is generally anonymous information and does not reveal your identity. If you’re logged into your account some of this information could be associated with your account. We’re talking about the following kinds of details:
your IP address or proxy server IP address’;
the domain name you requested;
the name of your internet service provider is sometimes captured depending on the configuration of your ISP connection;
the date and time of your visit to the website;
the length of your session;
the pages which you have accessed;
the number of times you access our site within any month;
the file URL you look at and information relating to it;
the website which referred you to our Site; and
the operating system which your computer uses.
Occasionally, we will use third party advertising companies to serve ads based on prior visits to our Site. For example, if you visit our Site, you may later see an ad for our products and services when you visit a different Site. Read more about remarketing here: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2453998?hl=en
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Personal Information We Collect About You from Others
Although we generally collect personal information directly from you, on occasion, we also collect certain categories of personal information about you from other sources. In particular:
- Financial and/or transaction details from payment providers in order to process a transaction;
- Third party service providers (like Google, Facebook) who may provide information about you when you link, connect, or login to your account with the third party provider and they send us information such as your registration and profile from that service. The information varies and is controlled by that service provider or as authorized by you via your privacy settings at that service provider; and
- Other third party sources whereby we receive additional information about you (to the extent permitted by applicable law), such as demographic data (for example from Google Analytics).
How We Use Personal Information
We will use your personal information:
1. To fulfill a contract, or take steps linked to a contract: in particular, in facilitating and processing transactions that take place on the Site, like where you purchase an item from our online store.
2. Where this is necessary for purposes which are in our, or third parties, legitimate interests. These interests include:
operating the Site;
- providing you with products/services described on the Site;
- verifying your identity when you sign in to any of our Site;
- responding to support tickets, and helping facilitate the resolution of any disputes;
- updating you with operational news and information about our Site and services e.g. to notify you about changes to our Site, website disruptions or security updates;
- carrying out technical analysis to determine how to improve the Site and services we provide;
- monitoring activity on the Site, e.g. to identify potential fraudulent activity and to ensure compliance with the user terms that apply to the Site;
- managing our relationship with you, e.g. by responding to your comments or queries submitted to us on the Site or asking for your feedback or whether you want to participate in a survey;
- managing our legal and operational affairs (including, managing risks relating to content and fraud matters);
- training INI staff about how to best serve our user community;
- improving our products and services.
- providing general administrative and performance functions and activities; and
- processing your job application, if applicable.
3. Where you give us consent:
- providing you with marketing information about products and services which we feel may interest you; and
4. For purposes which are required by law.
5. For the purpose of responding to requests by government, a court of law, or law enforcement authorities conducting an investigation.
How Long We Retain Your Data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
When We Disclose Your Personal Information
We will disclose personal information to the following recipients:
- Distributors of our products in your area or country so they can provide you with assistance locally;
- Upon your request only, contractors to provide you with a product application quote;
- Our professional advisers (lawyers, accountants, financial advisers etc.);
- Regulators and government authorities in connection with our compliance procedures and obligations;
- A third party to respond to requests relating to a criminal investigation or alleged or suspected illegal activity;
- A third party, in order to enforce or defend our rights, or to address financial or reputational risks;
- A rights holder in relation to an allegation of intellectual property infringement or any other infringement; and
- Other recipients where we are authorized or required by law to do so.
- Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
- We do not sell your data ever.
Where We Transfer and/or Store Your Personal Information
We are based in the United States so your data will be processed in the US. Some of the recipients we have described above, and to whom we disclose your personal information, are based outside the US in other countries. We do this on the basis of your consent to this policy. In order to protect your information, we take care where possible to work with distributors and contractors who we believe maintain an acceptable standard of data security compliance.
How We Keep Your Personal Information Secure
We store personal information on secure servers that are managed by our service providers, and occasionally hard copy files that are kept in a secure location in the US. Personal information that we store or transmit is protected by security and access controls, including username and password authentication, two-factor authentication, and data encryption where appropriate.
How You Can Access Your Personal Information
You can access some of the personal information that we collect about you by logging in to your account on our Site’s customer support ticket system. You also have the right to make a request to access other personal information we hold about you and to request corrections of any errors in that data. You can also close the account you have with us for any of our Site at any time. To make an access or correction request, contact our privacy department using the contact details at the end of this policy.
Marketing Choices Regarding Your Personal Information
Where we have your consent to do so (e.g. if you have subscribed to one of our e-mail lists or have indicated that you are interested in receiving offers or information from us), we send you marketing communications by email about products and services that we feel may be of interest to you. You can ‘opt-out’ of such communications if you would prefer not to receive them in the future by using the “unsubscribe” facility provided in the communication itself.
You also have choices about cookies, as described above. By modifying your browser preferences, you have the choice to accept all cookies, to be notified when a cookie is set, or to reject all cookies. If you choose to reject cookies some parts of our Site may not work properly in your case.
Information about Children
Our Site are not typically used by children, however there is no information on our Site that would be unsuitable for children. It’s the responsibility of parents or guardians to monitor their children’s use of our Site.
Information You Make Public or Give to Others
When We Need to Update this Policy
We will need to change this policy from time to time in order to make sure it stays up to date with the latest legal requirements and any changes to our privacy management practices.
When we do change the policy, we’ll make sure to notify you about such changes, where required. A copy of the latest version of this policy will always be available on this page.
How You Can Contact Us
If you have any questions about our privacy practices or the way in which we have been managing your personal information, please contact our privacy department in writing at 1415 Panther Lane, Ste. 397, Naples, FL 34109, USA or though our main contact page at http://ini-worldwide.com/contacts/
If you’re a user or visitor in the European Economic Area these rights also apply to you:
For the purposes of applicable EU data protection law (including the General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 (the “GDPR”), we are a ‘data controller’ of your personal information.
How You Can Access Your Personal Information & What Rights You Have Over Your Data
You are also entitled to ask us to port your personal information (i.e. to transfer in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format, to you), to erase it, or restrict its processing. You also have rights to object to some processing that is based on our legitimate interests, such as profiling that we perform for the purposes of direct marketing, and, where we have asked for your consent to process your data, to withdraw this consent as more fully described below.
These rights are limited in some situations – for example, we can demonstrate that we have a legal requirement to process your personal information. In some instances, this means that we may retain some data even if you withdraw your consent.
Where we require your personal information to comply with legal or contractual obligations, then provision of such data is mandatory: if such data is not provided, then we will not be able to manage our contractual relationship with you, or to meet obligations placed on us. In all other cases, provision of requested personal information is optional.
If you have unresolved concerns you also have the right to complain to data protection authorities. The relevant data protection authority will be the data protection authority of the country: (i) of your habitual residence; (ii) of your place of work; or (iii) in which you consider the alleged infringement has occurred.
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.